Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Parks and Beach

A few weekends ago, it was a nice day and we decided to go to the park. I took my camera and came up with some nice photos. I started the day at the park with my T2i and the Sigma 50-200.

These things were all over the railings on the path to the trail.

There were a lot of cool plants.

When we got to the look out deck, this bee was buzzing around. It was fun trying to get this guy in focus.

We met a guy at the park that was watching birds and pointed us towards these baby owls.

Holly spotted a cardinal in the trees. By the time I spotted it, focused and shot, this is all I got. I thought it was a missed shot but Holly convinced me to keep it which I'm glad because I really like this one.

I liked the color of this shelf fungus.

Tacked this woodpecker for a while.

Found the elusive cardinal again. Might not be the same one.. but I like to think I got the upper hand. Specially considering they don't have hands.

After walking the trails, we went to another park up the road a bit. It was more open, not as woodsy but fun. I had never seen handicap swings. I really enjoyed seeing this.

We had lunch/dinner after the second park and decided we hadn't had enough of the beautiful day so we walked to the beach about a mile away from the house. I only took my nifty fifty 50 f1.8 to change it up and because I hadn't shot with it in a long while. I realized how much I enjoy shooting that cheap, plastic lens. Anway, as we were walking, I turned and saw this awesome scene.

Arriving at the beach, I realized I made a good choice of lens to take because the sun wasn't out much longer. I like this dry sand patch.

The sand had a bunch of cool patterns and breaks in it. These probably have a name but I just liked the lines.

More sand lines

Like a little river in the sand.

This is the county line on the beach. I think the posts were all one size at some point.

This is the top view of one of the short posts.

Holly was in her element checking out the stuff growing and living on the posts and around them. The sunset light was shining just enough to light her perfectly.

Another angle of the posts. Trying to compose some leading lines.

And finally, the last shot was a final glimpse of the sunset. This photo is very noisy because I heavily edited it. It was pretty darn dark out there at this point.

This was a great day out in great Jacksonville weather with a wonderful lady. She had her dog and I had my camera. :)


The full Parks and Beach set on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment